The President | MR. MOHAMMED ABBA TOR, FNIQS, FSCIArb, FNIMN, MBA
QS Mohammed Abba Tor is a Quantity Surveying graduate of Kaduna Polytechnic with Distinction. He also holds Master of Business Administration (MBA Marketing) and Post Graduate Diploma in Management respectively from Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi. He is a Fellow Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (FNIQS), Fellow Society of Construction Industry Arbitrators (FSCIArb), Fellow National Institute of Marketing of Nigeria (FNIMN) and a Registered Quantity Surveyor (RQS).
M. Abba Tor started his working career in Songhai Ltd in 1990 and rose to the position of a Branch Manager, overseeing Maiduguri operations. He joined the services of African Petroleum Plc in 1994 as the pioneer Quantity Surveyor. While in the employment of African Petroleum Plc, he had the privilege and responsibility of setting up the Quantity Surveying Unit and also served as the General Secretary of the Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN) AP Plc Branch from 1996 – 1998. He voluntarily resigned from African Petroleum Plc in 2002 to pursue interest in consultancy services, operating under the name and style of Kalabal Associates, a firm of Quantity Surveyors, Project Managers and Construction Cost Consultants.
QS Abba Tor played a leading role in costing and cost management of several projects in both Public and Private Sectors including construction of ultra-modern sports complex, several offices for Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies, commercial buildings for private clients, educational buildings (lecture theaters, workshops, classroom blocks, information and communication technology centers, studios), district infrastructure project (comprising roads, drainages, bridges, culverts, street lights, water distribution). He also served as monitoring and evaluation consultant to OSSAP MDGs, Banks, TETFUND intervention Projects etc.
QS Abba Tor served the Quantity Surveying profession in various capacities, including:
1. Deputy President, The Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors– 2017 to 2019
2. Member Governing Board of Quantity Surveyors Registration Board of Nigeria – 2017 to Date.
3. Secretary General, The Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors– 2015 to 2017
4. NIQS Alternate Rep. on the Council of African Association of Quantity Surveyors – 2013 – 2015.
5. Secretary, Membership Committee, The Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors– 2011 to 2015
6. Resource Person on Professional Practice and Procedure at NIQS – FCT tutorial classes
7. Resource person in assessment of diaries and logbooks and PCI panelist
8. Chairman, Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors – FCT Chapter – 2013 to 2015
9. Member, NIQS Ethics and Practice Monitoring Committee – 2011 to 2013
10. Vice Chairman Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors FCT Chapter – 2011 to 2013
11. Treasurer, Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors FCT Chapter – 2008
12. Member, Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors – International Affairs Committee – 2009
13. Member, Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors – Junior QS Forum – 2007
He presented several papers at NIQS Seminar and Workshops and written articles in Construction Cost Managers Magazine published by NIQS FCT Chapter.
QS M. Abba Tor is happily married with children.