The President | MR. OBAFEMI OLUWOLE ONASHILE B.SC. (HONS), MPM, FNIQS, FRICS
Mr. Obafemi Oluwole Onashile was born at Jericho Nursing Home, Ibadan to the family of Late Hon. Justice Folarin Onashile (The Otunba Fiwagboye Ijebu Igbo and Judge of Ogun State High Court) and Mrs Esther Olayide Onashile (A business Woman and Building Contractor). He is the 7th in a family of 9 Children. He grew up mainly in Oke Ado, Ibadan.
He attended the following institutions of learning:-
- Ebenezer African Church, Primary School, Oke-Ado Ibadan – Got the G2 Primary School Certificate (1970 –1975)
- Federal Government College, Odogbolu – Obtained the Secondary School Certificate: Amongst his classmates in Odogbolu was Mr. Yemi Shonubi, a past Chairman of NIQS Lagos Chapter and past NEC member of NIQS (1975 – 1980)
- University of Ife, Ile-Ife, (Now Obafemi Awolowo University) – Obtained the Bachelors of Science in Q.S. (Amongst his classmates in Ife was Late Dr Bedford Ejike Anunike, The immediate Vice President of The NIQS) (1980 – 1986)
- University of Lagos, Akoka: Obtained Master in Project Management (2005 –2007)
- Fellow of the Nigeria Institute of Quantity Surveyors (FNIQS)
- Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (FRICS)
- Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (AMCIBSE)
- Fellow of the Quantity Surveyors Institute, United Kingdom (FQSi)
CAREER AND EXPERIENCE:
Mr.Obafemi Oluwole Onashile started his Quantity Surveying training in 1980, at the University of Ife, Ile-Ife. He graduated in March, 1986, and proceeded immediately to Ministry of Works, Housing and Transport, Minna Niger State for his one-year National Service, (N.Y.S.C). After his service and between May – December 1987 he had a brief professional training at Tillyards & Partners, Kaduna, a Multi-National Quantity Surveying Consultancy Practice. He joined Group ‘Q’ Associates, Lagos January 1988, and worked till January, 1992, when he left to consolidate on his partnership practice. He is one of the two Promoters/Principal Partners of CONSOL ASSOCIATES (Quantity Surveyors, Project Managers & Development Consultants) and he is responsible for the establishment and management of the Lagos Office of the practice.
PREVIOUS NOMINATIONS & APPOINTMENTS
- Elected and served as the Publicity Secretary, NIQS – Lagos Chapter (1995 – 1998)
- Elected and served as the Treasurer, NIQS – Lagos Chapter (1999 – 2001)
- Served as member, Publicity Committee, The Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (1996 – 2000)
- Elected and served as the Financial Secretary F.G.C. Odogbolu Old Students Association (1990 – 1992)
- Served as the Chief Co-ordinator/Lecturer N.I.Q.S Lagos Chapter – Organised TPC Tutorial Classes for NIQS Professional Examinations (1996 – 1998)
- Served as an Examiner, NIQS Test of Professional Competence Examinations (1997 – 1998)
- Served as the Editor – in – chief, “Lagos Q.S. Newsletter”, the official Journal of the N.I.Q.S., Lagos Chapter (1995 – 1998)
- Elected and served as the Chairman N.I.Q.S Lagos Chapter (2005 – 2006)
- Elected and served as an Ex-Officio of the National Executive Council of the NIQS (2006 –2008)
- Elected and served as Secretary for International Affairs of the NIQS (2008 – 2011)
- Elected and served as the Deputy President of the NIQS (2015 – 2017)
- Twice elected and serving as the Vice President (West) of the African Association of Quantity Surveyors (2011 – 2017)
RECENT SEMINARS/CONFERENCE ATTENDED
Femi has attended many Conferences and Seminars locally and internationally, and he has also visited many International Exhibitions about building, construction, hardwares and Engineering Installations.
He was part of the Nigerian Construction Industry delegation to Fortworth Texas, to attend the National Association of Home Builders Show 1999.
He was also part of the Nigerian Construction Consultants delegation to Guangzhou, China, to attend the China Construction Exhibition 2006.
PRESENTATION OF TECHNICAL PAPERS AND ARTICLES
Mr. Obafemi Onashile has written and presented many technical papers both locally and at International fora. He has a deep passion for procurement strategies and on contract administration.
SOME LANDMARK PROJECTS PARTICIPATED IN
- 12 Storey Head office development for erstwhile Magnum Trust Bank, now Keystone Bank Head office, Victoria Island Lagos.
- 15-Storey Head office development for Diamond Bank, Oniru Estate, Lagos
- Twin 15-Storey Towers of 60No. Luxury Apartments, Ikoyi, Lagos
- 20-Storey Head office development for FAMFA Oil.
- 200 Bedroom IBIS (Accor Group) Hotel, Airport Road, Lagos
- Sunseed Cotton Seed Ginnery, Oil Production and Bottling Factory, Zaria
- Tejuosho Market, 4,040No. Retail Shopping Complex, Yaba Lagos
- 358 Bedroom Intercontinental Hotel, Victoria Island Lagos, etc
He wedded his wife Olabisi on 12 December, 1992 and together have been happily blessed with 2 boys and a girl.
Reading, Travelling, Listening to Classical Music and organizing events.
Click here to add your own text