- AKURE: Fontel Luxury Hotel, Ilesha Road, Akure, Ondo State.
- CALABAR: Kola Nut Event Centre, Barrack road, Calabar, Cross River State.
- KADUNA: DeNevilla Hotels, Plot 314 Abubakar Kigo Road, New Extension, Off Constitution Road, Kaduna, Kaduna State.
- MINNA: Haske Luxury Hotel, Adjacent Tundu Wada Police Station, Tunga, Minna, Niger State.
- OWERRI: Newton Hotel, Plot H2, Along Imo Specialist Hospital Road, Off Port Harcourt Road, New Owerri, Imo State.
- YOLA: Duragi Hotel, 5/7, Gibson Jalo Way, Army Barracks Road, Yola, Adamawa State.
Good day all. This is to inform you of the appointment of a substantive Executive Secretary in the person of Mr. Danladi Mohammed Ndayebo. Mr. Ndayebo’s appointment takes immediate effect.
The appointment follows the mandate given to the Management Committee by the National Executive Council during the Meeting held on 19th January, 2017.
M. ABBA TOR, FNIQS, MNIMN, MBA
FIG looks forward to seeing each and everyone in Helsinki, Finland from 28 May to 2 June for the annual FIG Working Week.
We are happy to announce that the registration for the 79th FIG Working Week has now opened. Take advantage of the discounted early bird registration fee! For all details and a link to register, please visit: www.fig.net/fig2017/registration.htm
The overall theme of the Working Week is “Surveying the world of tomorrow – From digitalisation to augmented reality”. We have been witnessing the first beginning of a development leading towards services which not only describe the visible world around us but also simultaneously bring up other information connected to our place of interest. One step is to become digitalized and to use the digital information; the next step is to combine information and be able to collect the data intelligently and to take further steps into the intelligent use of digital information. The theme was chosen to highlight the opportunities and open a view into a future where the large amount of information we produce is, again, put into a more efficient use.
The 2017 FIG Working Week theme has a clear technical focus that aims to motivate surveyors of tomorrow to improve their technical skills and qualifications as well as their knowledge and education to deal with challenging and rapidly changing technical aspects. It radically differs from previous themes and leads surveyors to think of future technological possibilities within the wider field of surveying.
If you’re excited about joining us in Helsinki, make sure to book now to take advantage of the early bird fees! Please check www.fig.net/fig2017 for more information