- Those who have passed the written test of professional Competence (TPC), Diaries and Logbook Assessment and Professional Competence Interview of the Institute and have been elected to the grade.
- Or nay other acceptable foreign qualification and after passing any necessary interview by the National Executive Council.
- Person whose election by reason of what the National executive Council considers to be by his exceptional professional attainments and distinctions which would be of real advantages to the Institute and shall be not less than 50 years of age and shall attend and pass an interview conducted by the National Executive Council.
- He must have accumulated a minimum of 60 CPD points.
- Member’s upgrade form costs N25,000 only.
- Probationer/Technician who have passed Professional Competence Interview and logbook assessment.
- 60 Continuous Professional Development (CPD Units)
- Five (5) O’Level Credits in English Language, Mathematics, Physics (mandatory) and other 2 from (Chemistry, Further Mathematics, Economics, Commerce, Geography, Technical Drawing, Biology)
- All credentials enclosed must be endorsed by the referees who should be financially up-to-date with the Institute.
- Member’s upgrade application Form Fee is N 25,000